Thursday, February 26, 2009

Next time you think you've had a bad day...

Just think of Caden. Yesterday afternoon he was melting down over just about every little thing possible. I finally pulled him into my lap and just waited for him to talk. Then he said, "this is the worst day of my whole life!" I asked why that was and he replied, "my shoes are too loose, I can't find a blue marker and... and I had the hiccups!" Sensing that he needed to be taken seriously I had to hide my smile and acknowledge that yes, he definitely had a lot on his plate. Oh, to be seven again and have the weight of your world on your shoulders! When he comes home from college proclaiming to have had the worst day ever I will be sure to remind him that it couldn't have been any worse than February 25, 2009!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Too cute! Matthew comes home often with the same weight on his shoulders. It is always a list of huge propotion and he truly wants to get some serious sympathy! Usually a big hug an I love you and a treat do the trick!