Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy Birthday Caden!

We were supposed to be at the beach this weekend. I knew Caden's birthday was coming up. Did I plan? Of course not! So at the last minute we invited over the grandparents and a couple of Aunts and Uncles (since the rain cancelled our beach plans). I managed to get the house fairly picked up, two cakes baked (don't ask), took the kids to a special play place, and even wrapped the gifts. Hopefully no one will remember that his gifts were wrapped in plain white tissue paper because I thought for sure we had wrapping paper. Unfortunately everyone will remember (we have photographic evidence) that he had one large tapered candle (the kind use use on the dining room table on holidays) on his cake because I didn't even think about birthday candles. But if you had asked me I would have told you we had candles because we always have candles.








He didn't care though. It was a great day as far as any eight year old would be concerned! Somehow they just don't notice all that stuff that we worry so much about. Somehow they are just happy with the small stuff.



So Caden is another year older. Another year wiser. A little bit taller and quite a bit heavier. His hair is longer - he likes it that way. But for the most part he is the same kid. Just my Caden. Growing up before my eyes. He's a handsome kid that already has the girls attention and he can be so sweet! As much as I love watching him grow, I still miss my baby sometimes. Happy Birthday Bug!

No comments: