Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Out and about

I can't handle any more bickering. Really. I can't handle it. So I brushed off the dishes, the vacuuming and the ironing. Ignored the messes and dirty beds and loaded the kids into the 'ol Suburban. I added my camera, some water, a healthy snack and the first aid kit to a backpack and off we went. We headed up to a natural wonder of our area. I grew up here and yet had never been to the place we went today! It was beautiful! We all noticed the wonderful smell of evergreen and relished the sound of rushing water. The temperature was much cooler and the spray from the waterfalls helped a lot too. Of course I had to take the camera along! What a gorgeous background setting.

After our little hike and fun tossing rocks, the kids got to spend a little time with Grandma and I got almost TWO hours completely ALONE! That was great. Then it was off to soccer practice. I still can't wrap my mind around that. Trace has practice again on Thursday from 5:30-7 then we have to be about 15-20 minutes away for football with Caden at 7. Mmmm? It's getting interesting already. Thank goodness Dad is home this week! I think I'll need to stock the car with plenty of snacks and drinks it looks like we're going to be on the road a lot over the next few months! I can't complain though. Life is good.

No comments: