Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jamborees and ice packs

So is it more fun if I post all the time? I thought I'd try it out and see. More, less exciting posts. What the heck, why not?

Anyway... Soccer Jamboree was this morning. Trace's team played a girls team that was a year older. They actually played pretty well and only lost by two or three points. The second game was against a same aged boys team. By that point they were tired and mostly ran around in circles or stood around watching. Oh-well. Football Jamboree was later in the afternoon. It was definately more exciting with 56 teams competing! Not all at once though. Just lots more going on. Caden was not too hard to pick out after a play had started because he was usually turning in circles not sure what to do. It gave us a few laughs. Not too sure this is his sport!

The best part of the day was the following conversation I had with Caden this morning:
Caden: "Soccer's fun."
Me: "Yes, it is."
Caden: "I think I'll play soccer again next year."
Me: "Why wait I could get you on a team today!" "Ya think so? That's probably a good idea."

The worst part of the day was when I stepped down the bleachers and twisted my ankle horribly! I actually felt it pop and pretty much collapsed . It takes a lot to get me down like that, which I know, so I was a little scared I'd broken it. Trace ran to get me some ice from the snow cone maker so I took the cloth book cover off my day planner and dumped the ice in it. Made a neat little ice pack. So here I am here at home now with a princess ice pack watching Sponge Bob! The ankle is definately swollen so we'll just have to watch it and see!

No comments: