Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I didn't have time yesterday...

So if you don't want to read the sappy stuff just skip this one!
Anyway, I just had to look back on TEN years! TEN. Really. I still remember finding out I was pregnant for the first time, seeing the miniature heartbeat at 7 weeks, my entire day of labor...
Trace is an amazing kid and I am so proud to be his mom. I look back at pictures and think, "Oh-my-gosh! He was SO cute!" At the time I was to caught up in being a good parent and trying to get sleep. He was a cute baby though and an adorable toddler too. He used to sing Our God is an Awsome God but instead of saying 'He reigns' Trace would say "deranged"! We used to get a good laugh out of that one. The last couple of years though he has changed so much. No longer a little boy and trying too hard to grow up. He is my helper when I really need it and plays with his brother and sister so sweetly at times. With Paige he can be so tender (when he wants). Not one to complain he never said a word when Santa brought him practically nothing last year! Of course Santa had just 'misplaced' his real gift, Guitar Hero. Trace is always willing to sacrafice for someone else but will make it look like it is what he really wants. I love that I can talk to him now. We go places together and it is almost like having a friend along. I can also read him pretty well and get him to talk to me about pretty much anyting. He is a great kid. Smart, goofy, honest and tender. I can hardly believe we are over half way through raising him. I don't want to think about it.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

So crazy 10 years have gone by since I recieved that birth announcement in the mail and thought, wow, Coco is going to be SUCH A SUPER MOMMY and that boy is lucky to be hers. Just from the pictures and stories I love Trace. Happy birthday kiddo!