Monday, January 14, 2008
So, what does all this mean?
Well, that is what we are trying to figure out! We have prayed for both the move and the job for so long I don't think we ever drempt they would both come to pass in the same week! Let alone leaving us only three weeks to find a house and get moved! Our plan is to pack up and head back out west to Vancouver by the end of the month. The buyers want to close the first week of February and since Rick has to report to ground school on the 4th we might as well get moved before he leaves. Just one less thing for Rick to be worried about when he should be studying. Rick spent last weekend house hunting in Vancouver with our parents. He came home wondering if moving back home was such a good idea after all :) Our first choices on homes had sales pending and ironically Rick wound up out at one we had found on the internet a month ago. It is by no means a beauty! It is a lime green (with purple trim) 1977 ranch on 1.5 acres out in the hills. BUT it is clean and worth a lot more than they are asking and overall a great deal for the area too. We have both always wanted to be out in this area and the schools are the best in the area too. So, right now we are waiting to get some information from the realtor and hope to be able to make a decision soon. Ideally we'd like to do a lease option since that would allow us to move in sooner than if we have to wait for a closing. It also gives us a year or two to get back on our feet financially from the short sale on this house and the pay decrease from the new job. We'll keep you posted and after this your can put our address in PEN in your address book!