Monday, January 21, 2008

Life is changing fast

We are rapidly approaching D day around here. As of right now Rick's mom arrives tomorrow (tuesday) to help out and my dad arrives Sunday to help drive a vehicle. Rick is picking up the moving van(one of them at least) on the 29th. We haven't nailed down the date that the kids and I will be flying out just yet. I made a whirlwind trip to Vancouver on the 19/20th. I wasn't even there 24 hours! I think I spent more time in airports than in Washington state. Anyway, the lime green house is out - waaaay too much work to make it livable and the house payment came back much higher than we were comfortable with. So I got the lovely job of choosing the final place. With our parent's help we decided to make an offer on a 1900+sq. ft. house in the town we used to live in. We were pretty adament about not wanting to go back there, but what can you do when the cost is signifigantly less? The house is immaculate and a floor plan that Rick and I have liked for a long time. It backs up to a greebelt (a piece of land set aside to be left natural) with a creek which the boys will love. There will be lots of room for bike rides and hopefully at least a few friends. We don't know for sure yet though since the offer is being sent this morning.

I won't be blogging much for the next couple of weeks - obviously! I will try to get a couple pictures up of our move and a definate answer to where we will be going in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will SO MISS seeing you guys every month. Good Luck with the move. I told Scott we would help you guys pack, but he never got a hold of Rick. Our next weekends are going to be spent packing too, since our lease is up & we have to be out by 2-28. Arrrrhhh! I hate moving! Actually I don't hate moving I hate packing & unpacking. Let me know if you need anything.

Love, Jennifer