Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm kinda busy...

I have a couple of big projects on my plate right now. Both volunteer but only one I'm actually enjoying! I guess that will teach me to be a little more careful about choosing where to volunteer my time! So, I am supposed to be sewing six flags for the middle school marching band. I don't want to though and they are a lot more work than I was led to believe they would be. At this point I have one partially finished and they are due in about two weeks. Thank goodness for a wonderful sister who sews better than I do who was kind enough to offer to take two of them off my hands! My other project is to take pictures of every preschooler at Paige's preschool/my job. I took a couple one day that I shared with the other teachers and they excitedly asked if I'd be willing to do all the kids for their end of the year file. At this point I have about 30 pictures I'm happy with which leaves about 20 more to go. I'm loving it! I am also constantly amazed at how photogenic some kids are and you'd never guess which ones! Some pictures I wasn't sure about can be edited to be totally awesome! Someone told me I'd missed my calling- I don't know about that, but I do know I'm enjoying this. The picture above is the one I took of Paige while I was getting the other kids. I love how it turned out despite not liking it at the time I actually took it! In the meantime, the house is slowly falling apart so I guess I'd better get off the computer and get moving!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You do take great pictures! You have the photographers eye. Good luck with the flags!!!