Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

This was too funny! Trace lured Paige over near him then grabbed her and took off down the hill! Normally I would have been upset with him for tricking her but somehow it just struck me as funny instead. She screamed the whole way down and was madder than a hornet by the time I got to her. When I asked her if it was fun and did she want to go again I got an emphatic "NO!" Caden on our little sledding hill.

Trace with his bright red, frozen face.

This was Paige the night before. We went for a little walk since we had no idea how much we would get or if we would even get any more.



This is a what we have now. Much more typical of the Northwest is this ice. It is about 1/4 inch thick and covers everything! Caden didn't believe it was there until I opened the door and started pounding on it!




We have had a couple of interesting days around here. The boys got an early Christmas vacation with classes canceled Wed, Thurs & Fri. Friday afternoon it started snowing and it continued through the night and ALL day Saturday. I've never seen snow literally come down all day without ever stopping. In the end we had about 7 inches at our house. The boys found a drainage ditch in our neighborhood and turned it into a sledding hill. It is about the size of a small lot for a house with the hill being about 10 feet high. So plenty of room for lots of kids. They spent most of the day over there and had a blast.
During the night the snow turned to freezing rain. I noticed it shimmering off the snow during the night and it was really pretty. Well, that's almost as much fun as far as the kids are concerned. So, they suited up and were off to the sledding hill by 9am. I have a feeling I won't be seeing much of them today!

No comments: