Thursday, March 16, 2006

Just call me Suzie Homemaker!

We are supposed to get snow today anywhere from 1-6 inches depending on which newscast you listen to! So Caden and I have been home all day keeping warm. He has a fort built in my dining room - what else is that room for anyway? I just 'cooked' him a pork roast before we blasted off. Guess I'm back on earth now though! I have a Turkey breast in the crock pot and it smells sooo good. Trace asked me last night if I would make an apple pie. I told him I had never done that before but maybe I could try. He suggested I give Grandma a call and get her recipe because she makes them all the time. It was hard not to laugh and tell him the truth. Instead I did just what he suggested and had Rick pick up a Mrs. Smiths at the grocery store! (Thanks for the recipe Sharon!) Rick got off early today to avoid the maniacs on the freeway with snow during rush hour. He and Trace should be home any minute.

No comments: