Sunday, August 08, 2010

The ‘ole barn at the beach…

P1070343-2-9

I decided to brave it and take the kids to the beach myself this weekend.  We set out with few expectations other than, well – to have no expectations.  Saturday we awoke to rain.  Rain that didn’t let up all afternoon!  The kids did puzzles, fought, played games, bickered, snacked and argued.  I read a little and played referee a lot.  After a few hours of that fun we decided to make a run in to town and play a few arcade games (along with everyone else in town!).  By the time we got back to camp the rain had let up enough to allow us time to build a fire to cook dinner.  Potatoes baked in the fire, hot dogs and giant marshmallows.  The fire was slow to start and quick to burn out, but lasted long enough to sustain us!  Around 2:30am I was awakened to Caden moaning in his bed, “No.  Nooo.  Nooooooooo!”  Followed by some sounds I’ll leave to your imagination!  After literally opening the door and tossing his sleeping bag out, we finally managed to get back to sleep.  Sunday morning I was in no mood to hang around.  We picked up, cleaned up and headed out before noon.  Along the way home I stopped to get a few pictures of the kids – technically this year’s school pics.  Well, Caden has been in a mood lately and really wasn’t having any of it.  So I’m lucky that I got what I did and we’ll just have  to try again another time!  Tonight, we are home, in our nice warm and reasonably clean beds!  Not too sure when I’ll be up for that again!P1070334-2-3-9P1070336-2-3-9P1070325-2-3-9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures though. Bummer about Caden getting sick. Sure hope it wasn't those huge marshmellows. Does this mean you wouldn't be up for a camping trip to Mt St Helens this weekend?

Robin

Jill said...

Great pictures of your kids! What a good brave mom you are!!

Toni Tralala said...

Your kids look happy and healthy! :)