Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey and Children

Those two words do just seem to belong in the same sentence don't they? I am having problems downloading pictures so none of those today. (of course it is easier to download them if you actually TAKE them in the first place, but that's another issue!)

Just thought I'd say Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Black Friday and Happy Shopping to everyone! We had Thanksgiving dinner at our house on Tuesday. Rick flew out the next morning. On Thursday the kids and I wandered Walmart for quite a while before going home and getting all the Christmas decorations out. Then we settled down for a Christmas movie and Survivor. It was pretty nice. I didn't do any early morning madness shopping on Friday but I was still able to get a couple of deals. The boys main gift was ordered from Amazon for quite a deal, and a possible birthday gift for Paige was picked up by someone else. I was able to get out by myself in the evening and get a lot knocked off my list. I am feeling pretty good and over half way done, I think!

Hopefully December will be a fun time to enjoy light displays, cut down a Christmas tree and make gingerbread houses and cookies. The best part though will be having Rick home on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day! All is good...

1 comment:

Jill said...

It was so good to talk to you today, and catch up! We miss all of you, and hope that you have a wonderful Christmas season. We will talk after we get back from vacation.