Friday, June 27, 2008

Life (just venting not whining)

It is starting to look like monthly or maybe bi-monthly updates are all I'll ever get around to! There honestly isn't much going on though. I am still trying to adjust to our new life. There are days when I just really wish we were back in Chicago. I miss the neighbors, the kids playmates, having Rick home in the evening, and just - our life. So I try to remind myself that the neighbors really weren't around all that much, the boys got tired of always having to play with someone else, Rick was generally crabby because he hated his job, and I desperately missed having family around! Life is never perfect and for now it is what it is. Rick is much happier which in turn makes the rest of us happier - or should. It is just incredibly hard to not be able to run to the grocery store for one quick item without hauling three kids, or to never manage to get the dishes done because I am barely able to get dinner picked up before it is time to get kids into bed. By the time I get everyone in bed and actually asleep it is at least nine - and I start by SEVEN! So then I stay up to have two hours of my own then am too tired to get up before 8:30 in the morning by which point the boys are fighting and Paige is whining (and justifiably since she is hungry and her brothers won't feed her!). Whew, that was one long run on! Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I probably expected too much of this move but generally I'm 99% happy we made it. A lot of the stresses from Chicago are gone which helps tremendously and if I can just get my kids to get along life will be all rosy! I ran into a mom at the library yesterday and when I asked how her summer was going she said, "oh, it been just w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l! We are having so much fun. How about you?" Uh-well, the boys are fighting constantly, I feel like all I do is yell and they don't listen anyway, I'm on overload, and oh-yeah, how many more days until school starts? Actually I just said, "well, it's going." What's wrong with me how come we aren't just having a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l summer?

1 comment:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

(((HUGS))) hang in there!

(and I bet the boys would be fighting and paige would be whining in IL too!)